ESET SMART SECURITY 7 Beta - Review

So, as a frequent user of ESET Smart Security, and the public release the other day, I thought: "Why not try out the beta?". I was in the Beta for Version 6, and loved it! So what could not be likeable with the newest version?

The first thing I noticed was the still missing option to auto-uninstall the old version, before installing the new. I had to uninstall version 6 and then restart my computer before being able to install the new version.
The positive thing though, was that my data was saved, and after installing the beta, I was still logged in as the same user as before, which was really nice.

The second thing I noticed, was the new logo, now being an "e" in the same format as the ESET logo, which I found very nice, much more noticeable and recognicable than the round yellow thingy from before. However I find the colour a pit too NOD32 alike.

Inside the application:
The new version looks, as I can see, excatly the same way, as the old one, except a couple of layout changes and colour changes. Not that this is a bad thing. I like it when things get better on the inside, but looks the same. :)

I got the Anti-Theft from version 6, which I found really nice, and now felt even more secure taking my laptop with me everywhere, however I found it slightly annoying, that the annotation about the missing Phantom account came back, after installing version 7 on the same computer. I didnt have to registrer again, which was nice, thumps up. But I dont wonna be warned once again, about the missing account.

The Gamer-Mode is still in, and still detects when I open up my games, which is just the best feature still to get even better! I love the auto-detection, and the easyness combined with the high protection.

Whats new?
Advanced Memory Scanner which detects threats even deaper! Vulnerability Shield letting you be even more secure on every internetconnection. This is great for me, when I lock on to the free WiFi in the train on my way to school. Then there is improved cleaning, which just eliminates the use of third-party malware scanners and protectionapplications. This just boosts the performence even more!

Conclusion
The best thing with the new ESET Smart Security, is, that I know I can stay safe, no matter where I am, and where I lock on! I love the improving security features allowing everyone to be safe and secure ONLY with ESET Smart Security 7!

Wonna download the Beta, or wonna try out the stable version? Find it here: www.eset.com
Dont know if you should try out the ESET NOD32 Antivirus instead? Read about the beta here: http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/ESET-NOD32-Antivirus-7-Beta-Review-360580.shtml

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

How to get your TV recordings onto your computer.

ESET Mobile Security v3 Beta review!

Logitech G502 X Lightspeed review - Den bedste mus, bare trådløs!