How to get your TV recordings onto your computer.

I have recently discovered an easy way to transport the recorded TV-media from your TV to your computer.! The only thing you need, is a computer and a TV on the same Wifi connection.
Numerous Smart-TV's are compatible, e.g Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Sony and several more. The only requirement is, that both the TV and the computer is DLNA certified.

Step 1: Download VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Step 2: Be sure the TV is turned on, and the DLNA is activated (Options like network and media stuff are turned on)

Step 3: Go to VLC on your PC or laptop, to to:
View -> Playlist (or press CTRL+L)
Press the Local Network -> Universal Plug'n'Play
(See a picture of my setup in the buttom)

Step 4: Wait for VLC to load network devices.

Step 5: Chose your TV when it shows and find the External HDD you have saved the recorded media on

Step 6: Now you can choose either to stream it directly to VLC, or you can choose to save the recording to your computer, just right click the recording you want to save, and save it whereever you want.
Remember to encode the videofile and choose "deinterlace" before start.

Step 7: The file is being saved. The time it takes, is based on your home network setup, the lenght of the video-file  and your computerspeed.

Step 8: Watch your recording on your computer, or watch it later on your TV. Remember to delete the original from the HDD connected to the TV, to get room for even more recordings in the future! :)

My setup:
The setup I have, is the Panasonic VT60 NeoPlasma Smart TV and a normal computer.
They are both joined through our home network with Wifi.

We often record TV-shows or movies to see them later, but dont have so much room on the USB drive we have to record on. So, how do we fix this?

In VLC I see the Panasonic VIERA VT60 Series, and then the HDD and then the Tuner.
Because this specific model has 2 DVB-C tuners, I can in fact watch Live TV through VLC, while another program is being watched on the TV. However, if one program is being recorded and another is being watched, I cant watch any in VLC. Its only possible because of the 2 tuners! :)

In this screenshot of my setup, you can see me watching a recorded session of "Le Tour De France" :)
And remember, to get the screen, go to View -> Playlist. (don't mind the text in my VLC, its in danish :))

If you got any questions, or comments to the guide, please do tell me, and I will try to help!


Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

My New Blog! - Welcome to me :)

ESET Mobile Security v3 Beta review!