My Oneplus story - From the Oneplus One to the Oneplus 7T pro

Hello and welcome to a big part of my life, the Oneplus family. In this post I will let you know how I joined the Oneplus Family and how it have influenced my life. Let the story time begin.

My journey with OnePlus starts in the early days of 2014. The new start op company introduced the world to one of the greatest ever phones made. A flagship killer with a mission: Make a ripple in the smartphone industry - and what ripple effect was to come.


My first OnePlus
The OnePlus One. The flagship killer. A phone that would prove to the world, that iPhone and Samsung had driven off into their own world and left the users behind. A phone that was able to do whatever all the other phones could do, but to a fraction of the price.
The One was my second ever smartphone and my third ever mobile phone, following a Nokia 6300 and a Samsung Galaxy S2. A phone that I bought on subscribtion to lower the price, but still a price higher than what I had to spend for #TheChosenOne.

I had always been a big tech fan, but was never really into the mobile phone thing. I thought it was stupid in the beginning. OnePlus definitely changed that. In the beginning I started out exploring the OnePlus forum - since it was the place to be, if you wanted to grap one of those Invite thingies for the One. After spending a lot and a lot of time on the forum getting to know everybody and becoming a part of the family, I introduced one of my friends to this amazing upcoming invite only smartphone.
A few days later, he was to tell me, that he got an invite. You can imagine my surprise and well, bit of anger, since he never even logged into the forum.
So he got his phone, and I was still without the phone I had been waiting for, for so long. Believe me, he'd let me know...

Referring a friend
Having referred my friend who was now in the possession of my dream phone I also finally got an invite, since his purchase has let to him getting an invite to share. Thanks buddy!

The OnePlus One was appraised by its speed and specs to the low cost, but was also feared for its big screen. Some people even called it a 'phablet', the thing between a phone and a tablet. Yes, I had to adjust in the beginning to the bigger screen, but soon after I was left with a feeling, that would have me never switching back to a smaller display.
The phone was just perfect. The sandstone back was incredibly (I still catch myself walking to my alter of OnePlus merch, to get the feeling again. It's still to date of the most ergonomic phones I've ever had)


Moving on
Even though the One was an epic piece, the time must come, to move on. For me, it was with the OnePlus 5. I had been following OnePlus ever since I joined the forum, but never really got 'the feeling' with one of the new phones. Until the 5. Finally a phone was released with not only one, but two great cameras. Also, the fingerprint scanner was added - to the front. This had to be my new hardware. So of course I upgraded. It was time to move on.
Upgrading was well worth it. Finally I could take good pictures on the go, and never be worried about taking up too much space, which was beginning to be a problem without the space for upgrading in the One.

Joining the Oneplus family
Shortly after joining the 5 gang I saw and application on the forum for an EU event. The OnePlus Open Ears Forum in Stockholm, Sweden. The topic was, customer service. Since I have a history with OP customer service and had some ideas I thought: why not, and applied. After a short meeting with Sami Lee I was in. Time flew, and shortly after, so did I, Since I lived in Denmark, a plane was booked for the event by Oneplus and off we went. Meeting everyone was amazing. And seeing how Oneplus worked with their community, was such a great experience. Being invited to Play laser tag with other Oneplus fanatics, OnePlus employees and even Carl (PEI) was fantastic. It shows so much of a company taking the time to meet fans. And seeing how Oneplus have moved on since the OEF and what Ideas came of that and are brought to life, just shows why it is an amazing time to be Oneplus fan.
Following the event, I still meet some of the guys occasionally, at pop ups and events. And have made friends with other Oneplus dudes, is just an amazing feeling.

Ambassador and beta testing
Being part of a community is one of my biggest drives. Seing that ideas I bring to the table is handled and taken into account is what makes me a continued fan and supporter.
Following the OEF, I also joined as a community ambassador with OnePlus in Denmark, and was invited to be part of the closed beta testing of the Oneplus 5 OxygenOS versions. If you have a OnePlus device, try and find me in the list of OxygenOS contributers in the about section of the app. Hint: it won't be hard ;)
The days of beta testing was fun, I really enjoyed being a part of something greater, and contributing to the community. Seing that some of my ideas are out there, or some errors I reported was fixed is simply amazing and shows how much Oneplus tales It's community seriously.


Thank you for letting me be part of this, Manu.

New era
Following the closure of the CBT for Oneplus 5 I decided once again to upgrade. This time to the OnePlus 7t pro. I was attending the launch event as part of the ambassador program and helped out at the event. I was a fan of the OP7 which I almost bought, but luckily I waited for the upgrade. The full screen displaly sold me out. I was not going to wait any longer, since I knew that either notch was coming back or punch whole was the new big thing. So grabbing the Pop-up camera phone was the best decision yet.

I haven't stopped, and won't stop being part of this community. Lately I was even invited to yet another OEF, this time the topic was Digital self. Exciting to hear and be able to comment on this topic and participate in the debate on what OnePlus should do in the future. Read more here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/recap-online-oef-digital-self.1259060/

Future OnePlus
I hope to be able to continue being a part of this amazing family and take part in the journey to see where this brings us. From the OnePlus One to the OnePlus Nord, we have made a new beginning and I am excited to see where this brings us in the years to come! This is one of my passions and I hope the journey never ends. Let's bring greatness to the world, let's excite the world, let's surprise the world, let's be different!

Looking to buy a new phone from Oneplus yourself and join the community?
Take $20 off accesseries when buying a new phone by using my referral link: https://www.oneplus.com/dk/invite#EA41N7T1WAG4BB

Already a part of the Oneplus family and thinking of getting a pair of wireless bluetooth earphones? Take $3 off the purchase of the Oneplus Bullets Wireless 2 with this referral link: https://www.oneplus.com/dk/invite#WgMzEAz1qCjdVTBPwotgy2 
I can honestly say that I love these earphones and use them as my daily driver for listening to music on the go or exercising. And with 10 hours of battery with 10 min of charging, they keep you going all day - every day.

I would say; "never change", but change is a part of life. Therefore, let's #NeverSettle

Hope you enjoyed my story. Whats your story? Let me know in the comments 😉


Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

How to get your TV recordings onto your computer.

ESET Mobile Security v3 Beta review!

Logitech G502 X Lightspeed review - Den bedste mus, bare trådløs!